Friday, June 27, 2008

17 Weeks: Grow Team Grow!

So, I'm 17 weeks along. I look much further, and get wide eyed-looks and silence when people find out I'm not due until December 5th! If you remember, the doctor did move my due date nine days later at my first ultrasound. I'm not going to be very surprised if the baby caught up to that original date when we have the next one! But who knows... it could just be that everything is stretched out in there from the previous two. If you ask me, I look at least 28 weeks! Even the dental assistant kept asking me if I was really only four months along!


(Yes, seriously... these are the two 17 week pics! Man, I'm HUGE compared to with Lauren!)

I've been feeling pretty good. Tired, but we've also been busy. I think a bit of nesting has kicked in -- either that or I'm just tired of looking at the little bit of clutter! I swear I pick up toys three times a day, even though I know they'll just make it back out of the bins! But I've been trying to clean everything, even flipping mattresses. I just wish I had the energy to get it all done! Eventually... that's what I tell myself. :)

Here's what's going on with baby: "As you’ve come to expect, there’s no shortage of growth and development this week: your fantastic little bean stalk has added yet another half inch to their overall height-- making them nearly half a foot long! Their little limbs have reached (or are within one week of) their relative proportions, and will continue to grow evenly with the rest of the body after this week. Reactive listening has begun for your baby, even though their ears are not yet structurally complete or fully functional. Meanwhile, different parts of their astonishingly complex brain are developing to process your little one’s hearing and other senses, (you know, sight, smell, taste and touch). Mind boggling factoid of the week: if you’re having going to have a little girl, her ovaries have already produced millions of primordial egg cells, which, within a few weeks, will develop into actual eggs! Phew… just wait till she’s a teenager eh?"

And with Mommy: "Starting to feel a bit off balance? As your belly grows, your center of gravity changes, so you may begin to occasionally feel a little unsteady on your feet. Try to avoid situations with a high risk of falling. You may also notice your eyes becoming drier. Using over-the-counter lubricating drops may help."

Only 16 more days until the ultrasound... have you voted yet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted! And I like the shirt - very cute!

Anonymous said...

You could always do what I did and not tell anyone the new one - then you can say you're due in November! :) That's closer to July!