Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Expert Parenting Advice

So I was reading this article in Parents magazine that asked certain professions (doctors, babysitters, preschool teachers, etc.) what advice they would never tell a parent to their face. I loved the answer the parenting expert gave:

"Becoming a parent is like contracting a debilitating disease. Imagine a disease where you couldn't sleep, you couldn't have sex, you couldn't travel, you had aches and pains all the time. Now, this doesn't mean you don't love your kids. In fact, the more you love them, the harder it is. Nobody tells you what the pull of loving your kids will do to the rest of your life..."

You can read the entire article here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and I just read all the same articles! :)

Anonymous said...

It's always good to have a reminder not to be too precious about our kids and their needs.

I just hope whoever these 'professionals' are that they aren't looking after any of my kids.