Saturday, August 9, 2008

23 Weeks

23 weeks doesn't seem very far along, but then it does... It's more than halfway, yet still a ways to go. Which is fine with me! I'm not uncomfortable and am feeling great. I'm in no way ready for this baby yet either! I'm excited, but there's the name debate, getting our house ready, getting what few things we might need for the baby, and me just getting some "me-time" back! Speaking of getting things for the baby... something that stinks is that I have tons of plastic bins in the attic with all of Carter's clothes. You'd think we were set. Nope... Carter was a summer baby, and this one will be a winter baby. Complete opposite seasons! Some clothes will be able to carry over, I'm sure, but for the most part this little guy will have a new wardrobe.

The baby was moving before, but he's gone from moving every once in a while to making my belly bounce! Carter watched my belly the other morning while lying in bed with me, then got to feel him move. Now he's contantly putting his hands on my belly asking me if the baby is asleep or moving. So cute! What's funny is that Matt has yet to feel him move. He quiets down when Matt puts his hand there, but kicks Carter's hand. :)

Like I said, I've been feeling great. Not too tired, and hungry all the time. Still having problems with my back, but that's about it. Some mornings I get up and can hardly walk! I try to stretch it out (and need to start my yoga again) and get pity massages from Matt at times. ;) This week it said I might be experiencing some swelling, and I haven't really noticed any. I drink TONS of water, so that helps. It also said that I might be waking up hungry at night, and boy am I! I have to get up and immediately eat! I'm kind of getting tired of snacking all day and night... This week I gained 1.5 lbs, for a total of 14 overall.


(23 weeks with baby boy; 23 weeks with Lauren)

Here's what's going on with baby: "Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see him squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing him for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb."

I go to the doctor on Monday for a regular check, so look for another update then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you carried Lauren much higher! Buying clothes should be fun! :) We could add clothes to the casserole party!

Nikki said...

I actually carried Lauren lower overall, but I think this one has moved lower than he was. He's pretty much right in the middle. I carried Carter really high!