Thursday, August 21, 2008

24 Weeks, a little late :)

So... I was out of town from last Friday to Monday so I didn't get this blog written. As you know, it's always a catch up game for me (as most people), and I'm just now getting to it since I've been home! No pic, as my photographer (Matt) was out of town starting last Wed night. But anyway, I thought I'd let you know how things were going for this week of pregnancy.

I've been feeling great, having more energy than I ever thought! I do get tired, don't get me wrong, but it's usually after getting a crazy amount of stuff done. Which, it seems, a crazy amount of stuff has to get done in order for me to survive! ;) I gained a pound this week, for a total of 15 overall. Not too bad... Just for kicks, this is the pic of me with Lauren. It'll have to do since I didn't get one taken this time. I have been pretty close the last few weeks though...

Here's what's going on with baby: "Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon."

And with me: "In the past few weeks, the top of your uterus has risen above your belly button and is now about the size of a soccer ball."

Hmm... so I have a soccer ball up my shirt. ;) Look for my next update to be posted sometime tomorrow night. Can you stand to wait that long? ;)

No comments: