Monday, November 17, 2008

Today's Dr Appt

An exciting appt this morning! I am measuring 42 weeks (I was 37 weeks last Friday), am a full 4 cm dilated, 80% effaced, and the baby's head is at a -2 (which means he's pretty darn low and almost ready to come out!). I'm also having some contractions today -- nothing too strong or regular, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's here fairly soon. :) Dr said I made a lot of progress in one week, and also stressed that if I start regular contractions or my water breaks to get to the hospital FAST. She thinks it'll be a quick labor! For now, I've got an appt scheduled for next Monday -- then we'll set up the induction for next week (prob Tues) -- but dr said she wouldn't be surprised if he's here between now and then. Me neither!

I'll keep you updated as more happens!

3 comments:

Kalynn said...

OMG you are getting closer! I was really hoping that he would not come while Matt was out of town!

Good luck!
Kalynn

April Spicer said...

How exciting!! I was just thinking today that I wondered how you were doing. Baby boy is going to be here SOON!! You know, I'm just around the block, so if you need ANYTHING, please contact me. I promise, no hour is too late or early. :)

Christan said...

My guess is Wednesday!!