Thursday, October 9, 2008

This Much I Know...

I read this in my Parenting magazine and wanted to post it because it sound so very similar to me...

"Okay, here's my confession: My kids eat sugar, play Wii by the hour, and say "What the..." when they deem something weird. Which means that I'm not winning Mommy of the Year from the Perfect Moms of Perfect Offspring, who ban such things from their houses. Well, dig this: Sugar and video games won't turn kids into rogues. Forbidding these things sets kids up to act a fool when you're not around, since they're held to unrealistic standards at home. I let my kids have Skittles, Wii, and the rest of it (in moderation) because they're kids and they're good, smart, caring little people. There's so much other stuff in this world that's bad -- I don't want to take away things that, in a child's world, are good."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. Loved this!