Saturday, February 16, 2008

Stupid Dog...

So, I have this dog -- his name is Orion and he's a 5-yr old, 130-lb Bullmastiff. Great dog, really, but he's stupid. I love my dog like a child, but lately he's driving me insane! It's a Saturday, and I really wanted to relax and get things done today. Hmm... no such luck. I put Lauren down for her nap this morning and hear her about an hour later. Not entirely out of the ordinary, as sometimes she really does only sleep for an hour. But the crying sounded a little louder than just coming through the monitor. I go into the hallway and look down -- the door is open and Orion is lying on her floor. I go ahead and get Lauren up and scold Orion for going into her room. Now it's time for afternoon nap and Lauren is super cranky. I put her down (and she's upset because she bit me while nursing and I screamed and tapped her cheek-- it hurt with her seven teeth!). She finally calms down and goes to sleep. It's less than an hour later and I hear her awake... Hmm... odd. If she only sleeps an hour in the morning, afternoon naps are usually pretty good. I start listening, and it sounds oddly familiar. Into the hallway -- door open and dog on floor licking his leg. Now, I know if I got into trouble for something and didn't really enjoy it, I don't think I'd be doing it again. Especially only three hours later!!! I try my best to get him out and the door shut without Lauren seeing me, but she was watching the door. Ahhh... ten minutes later and she finally quiets down. We'll see if she goes back to sleep and gets the nap she so desperately needs (and the time I so desperately want!).

On another note, Orion also has this thing for getting himself shut inside our master closet (walk-in). If I went into a small room, got shut in and couldn't get out, I don't think that I'd go in there again. But, alas... seems almost everyday I catch stupid-dog in there. Even in trying to remember to latch the door every time after being in there, sometimes it just doesn't get done. Is this his revenge for latching the door? Waking Lauren up? We don't call him stupid-dog to be mean... it's just the stupid things he does. He's also fathead because he has a monster-size head. Most the time he's Woo -- our affectionate "pet" name for him. He's a great dog, he's just driving me insane! Excuse me... I have to get the crying baby now...

No comments: