Wednesday, February 20, 2008

False Advertising

You know, companies should start putting pictures of only their product on the packaging. My son gets disappointed everytime he goes to eat the cereal with "raspberries in it", only to find out there are no raspberries. And the waffles with strawberries... A three-year old just doesn't understand why they're in the picture but not in the box! No matter how many times I tell him or the different days he keeps checking, he always thinks the picture is true. One time we had fresh raspberries, and he had me put six of them into his bowl of cereal -- because there were six raspberries shown in the bowl of cereal on the box. Too cute...

I also realized that my kids think I don't need to eat. Everytime I make myself something, Carter thinks it's for him. He wanted waffles this morning, but ended up getting cereal instead (he changed his mind). So when I made my waffles, he tried to steal them but put some more in the toaster instead. I pour a glass of orange juice -- he wants it. And Lauren begs like a dog! She's so funny... she stares at your food! She seriously will walk up to you (around the coffee table) and beg for whatever snack you have! She loves when Daddy eats rice chex. :) I swear she eats more than Carter too! I get food scarfed down sometime though...

2 comments:

scrpldy said...

It's funny you posted this. Marty complained of false advertising when he bought a box of swedish fish. The box was really big, but there was just a tiny bag of the candies inside!

Matt Wolf said...

Caveat Emptor!