Sunday, May 31, 2009

Life Changes

I completed my first run in over a year tonight. It was just over a mile (1.06, to be exact), and it wasn't the fastest run. Or even close to my fastest mile. But it was still a mile run, with very little walking (just up one big hill). My legs felt super heavy and I really had to work on my breathing, but it has to get easier from here. The hardest part is getting back out there!

This is all a part of changes I want to make in my life. Having two kids 17.5 months apart was not easy on my body (or nice to it!). I've actually been either pregnant or nursing for almost three years!! Now I need to do something about it. I started doing my power core yoga a couple weeks ago and just need to make it a regular thing. Add in the running, eating healthier, and cutting back on pop and I'll have a good thing going. I need help... and motivation... and encouragement. I can do this!

3 comments:

April Spicer said...

Yes! You CAN do it! I wish there was some way for us to go out together. With kids, that'll be hard. But I'm on the same mission. You can do this, and you know with every little sign of progress, you'll be that much more motivated to keep on goin.

Christan said...

What a great start! This crazy hot weather makes it hard to run, but keep on pounding the pavement so you can run a fall race!

Anonymous said...

Good job - and yay to more blogs!