Saturday, May 30, 2009

The End of a Beginning

Yesterday was Carter's last day of preschool. Most parents get a little teary-eyed when it comes to sending their kids to school, but I think the last day was harder than the first day! Carter was so excited to go to school, and it was such a great experience. I'll admit that it was a little different at first, since I wasn't used to him being out of the house much without me. It was SO quiet too, since Hayden wasn't born until a few months in! Anyway... to me, the last day of preschool marked the end of a beginning. It made me realize that Carter is getting older -- he just finished preschool! He's already looking forward to starting kindergarten in August, and I'm excited to spend more time with him this summer. I know he'll miss school, his teacher, and his friends, and it will take us both a little time to stop that routine. Wow... Am I really the mom of an almost kindergartner?

No comments: