Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Reading

One thing I really wanted to bring back into my life this year was reading. Not that I wasn't reading before, but I wanted to read more than just the monthly book club book - read more for pleasure and for myself. It was another way to carve out some ever-important "me time". I love goodreads - it's a site where I can rate the books I read, get recommendations for other books, and also link up with friends to see what they're reading or recommending. On that site I participated in their 2011 reading challenge, where I set the goal to read 36 books throughout the year. Seemed lofty, as I was lucky to get just the one book for book club read each month, but it was something I wanted to do. Today it's official:


 


   


      2011 Reading Challenge
   


         
   
       
   
          2011 Reading Challenge
       

   
     

        Nikki has    
     
       
            completed her goal of reading 36 books in 2011!
       
             
     

     

       
hide

     

     

        36 of 36 (100%)
     

   
       
 
          view books
       

   
 
 
 
 

   

I didn't read much the past couple months, but I figured that would be the case with the holidays. I was glad I read a lot over the summer! I'm happy to have completed this goal I set for myself. Now to look forward to the books in 2012... :)

No comments: