Sunday, November 7, 2010

Help! I'm sick and I can't sit down!

I've been battling something the past couple weeks. At first, it was a headache and extreme tiredness. This past week I added cold symptoms -- sore throat, stuffy head, cough, congestion, earache, etc. After five days of these symptoms, I finally went to the doctor and got a very strong antibiotic and nasal spray/antihistamine. The worst of it all is the sheer exhaustion my entire body feels. I seriously feel like I haven't slept in days! After a day of meds, my head feels better & more clear, but it's gonna take a while to get rid of this entirely.

Anyway... Being sick means that I stuck around the house instead of going out with the kiddos. Since I was home, I wanted to be somewhat productive. I think I just don't know how to rest (hence the title of this blog)! I mean, how much can I rest with three kids at home during the day (and sometimes four)?!? So I did dishes, laundry, cleaned my master bedroom, washed linens, and flipped my mattress. I paid for it... At the end of the days I just crashed. It was all I could do to get anything on the table for dinner, let alone clean up afterwards! Thank goodness for meals in the freezer. :) Practice what I preach, right?

So this week it is my goal to just sit. I *need* to rest and take it easy (as much as I can) so I can kick this flu. Hopefully having Matt at home over the weekend gave the kids some playtime so they won't mind hanging around the house a few more days. I've got a birthday party to get things ready for this weekend (double birthday party for Hayden and my nephew Logan, who both turn 2 this month) and I need to rest up to travel. Luckily we're keeping it simple - a bonfire with a big pot of chili, cornbread, and hot dogs. Sounds perfect for a fall evening to me. ;)

Wish me luck, since when I just sit I notice all the things that need done - even more than just the normal pick-up-everyday-clean things! I need to get it in my mind that it can wait... My main concern is that it'll be harder on me with things piling up, so that when I finally do feel up to doing things I'll be so overwhelmed. But... that's just the way it has to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...that bonfire sounds tasty! Feel better soon.